Most homeowners do not think too much about the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be very useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and St. Petersburg Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to learn all you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to call appliance repair St. Petersburg.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator can store your food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to stop spoilage and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the warmth from inside of the appliance to the exterior, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call St. Petersburg Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and a motor, and it’s need for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is attached on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and helps to release the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator then out in the air.
A evaporator is installed in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth contained within it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
The moment the evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transferred within a capillary tube that works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it back into liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the temperature throughout a refrigerator, beginning the cooling cycle as it is required.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a technician in St. Petersburg for repair right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to engage, and then the next cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, where it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and reverts back to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquid continues its journey to the evaporator, finding its way through the many coils on the inside of the appliance and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will return back into a gas form, and then returns to the compressor in order to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in several applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from one location and then moving it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, creates a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule service with St. Petersburg Appliance Repair.
St. Petersburg Appliance Repair will repair almost all standard brands of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in St. Petersburg complete training to troubleshoot and repair cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart synchronization and various problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
Appliance Repair Cost
Appliance Repair Tips
Appliance Safety Tips
Repair or Replace Appliances
Copyright ©2019  St. Petersburg Appliance Repair